MCTSSA designated an Office of Naval Research Technical Activity (TA)
MCTSSA was designated an Office of Naval Research Technical Activity (TA) in June 2021 to:
1. Enhance the command's capabilities and responsiveness for technology transfer (T2) and transition.
2. Provide enhanced opportunities for innovation and rapid evaluations of technology in support of Marine Corps requirements.
Technology Partnerships and Goals
1. MCTSSA now has the ability to offer partners access to the Activity's engineering facilities, technologists, engineers and Marines.
2. Collaboration with industry, small businesses, universities, government agencies and other labs provide a conduit for speeding emerging and new technologies to the Fleet Marine Forces.
3. MCTSSA's designated Office of Research and Technology Applications (ORTA) manager serves as the focal point for technology partnerships and technology transfer activities with the Federated Lab Consortium (FLC).