The Test and Certification Division (TCD) provides developmental testing (DT) and services for Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4) programs throughout the acquisition lifecycle. This includes supporting program certification testing as the designated USMC Joint Participating Test Unit, responsible for working with the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) in the execution of recurring Joint Interoperability Tests (JIT). In addition, TCD represents the Marine Corps’ positions in the development, maintenance, and configuration control of joint and NATO interoperability message standards. The final, and complementary mission of TCD is to serve as the USMCs Link-16 network design facility (NDF), responsible for the development and maintenance of Link-16 networks in support of systems testing and Fleet Marine Force operations.
Our highly technical workforce is comprised of active duty Marines and government civilians functionally organized to provide premier testing support and services to the customer. TCD provides the full spectrum of DT support, which also includes adversarial based cyber penetration testing and naval shipboard integration testing, designed to validate interoperability of USMC Tier-II C4 systems with Navy shipboard networks. Testing is enhanced through the multiple test facilities at MCTSSA, which are modeled as a Marine Air Ground Task Force and consists of scalable Air and Ground Combat Element labs, which allow mission based system or system of systems testing to be performed in an operationally representative environment. Additional test labs include a Radio Lab, Satellite Communications Lab, Command and Control systems lab, and a MAGTF Afloat Integration lab comprised of a Landing Force Operation Center (LFOC) and other operational spaces that are integrated into a shipboard navy network.
Summary of Testing Capabilities:
- Risk Reduction for Program Managers
- Test planning
- Scientific Test and Analysis Techniques (STAT)
- Test Automation
- Test Plan development
- C4 Testing, post-test analysis, and test report.
- Test procedure development
- Schedule, operate and coordinate testing facilities and resources
- Configuration Management – Test Bed Integrity
- Configuration Management Library
- Participate in Configuration Control Boards/Technology Review Boards
- Test Readiness Review
- Documented and Formalized Test Processes
- USMC Systems JIT Certification Support
- Simulation and Stimulation
- Test Instrumentation
- Tactical Data Link Expertise
- Data Collection, Management, Analysis
- Test Reporting
- External Connectivity to Other Labs