The Product Manager, formerly known as Combat Support Equipment, Marine Corps Systems Command (PdM CSE, MARCORSYSCOM) initiated the Class VIII Enterprise Management project to:
- Promote enhanced and sustained ready-to-issue posture of Class VIII materiel;
- Reduce the logistics burden on the Operating Forces in garrison;
- Provide enterprise-wide visibility and accountability;
- Maintain shelf life standards and reduce losses from expiry; and,
- Reduce overall procurement, replenishment and replacement costs
The way forward for Class VIII Enterprise Management will establish centralized management for Clas VIII equipment and supplies with a single enterprise-wide acquisition objective, and move appropriate and specific garrison supply chain functions to DLA.